The Company organises numerous events each year. Members are usually encouraged to bring guests to these events.
There are three formal dinners and two formal lunches each year. There are also several informal functions including regular lunches, charity fund raising events and, of course, many City civic functions.
A typical Livery Year is:
- October – Formal Installation Dinner
- November – Informal social event and the Lord Mayor’s Show
- December – Informal Festive Lunch, Carol Service and social event thereafter
- January – Informal social event
- February – Formal Livery and Awards Dinner
- March – Informal social event and the United Guilds Service (Liverymen only) followed by Lunch (all welcome)
- May – Formal Companions’ Lunch
- May/June – The Master’s Weekend away at a location chosen by the Master
- June – Formal Constructors’ Banquet, Informal social event , Election of Sheriffs (Liverymen only) followed by Lunch (all invited)
- July – Formal Court Lunch, Golf Day & Summer Dinner and Sailing Day
- September – Common Hall and Reception, Informal social event, Election of Lord Mayor (Liverymen only) followed by Lunch (all invited)
There are also other informal events on a monthly basis including, amongst other things, lunches, site visits and City walks. Inter-Livery events are also held throughout the year, some of the more notable and well established ones include the pancake races, a clay pigeon shoot and a tennis tournament at Queens Club.