The Worshipful Company of Constructors has become aware of a request from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, who are looking to understand what the impact of the current Covid-19 pandemic has been on the construction industry. If you have any information that you think would help HMRC, then please submit it to the email address below.
Mid-Sized Construction Sector – looking for your views
HMRC is committed to helping businesses get the help and support they need with regard to tax matters.
Whilst we are aware that a number of sectors have been impacted by COVID-19, we are keen to reach out to Mid-Sized Businesses, their agents and trade representatives, to get a better understanding of the current state of the Construction Industry to gather insight on ways HMRC can support the sector (please note financial support is outside our remit).
If you are a Mid-sized Business within the Construction Industry, or their representative, we would welcome your views on the various areas below:
- How has your business been affected by COVID-19?
- Have you been able to able to find the guidance you have needed?
- What are the biggest changes you have had to make to your business?
- Has your use of technology increased, for example electronic invoicing?
- Has social distancing impacted your ability to work?
- Has project financing been affected, for example lenders pulling out of contracts?
- What does the future look like for your business?
Feedback can be provided via the MSB Construction Team mailbox, Constructionmsb@hmrc.gov.uk