Royal Charter International Research Award for Young Constructors
We are seeking exceptional young individuals from the construction sector to undertake an innovative, topical study relating to construction, planning, design systems and processes or a market study in a country of their choice.
The winning applicant will receive £8,000 towards the cost of their study and the BRE Trust will publish their work.
A summary of the final report will also be published in The Constructor, the journal of the Worshipful Company of Constructors.
- The award is open to applicants aged 21-40;
- The applicant will have achieved or will be working towards a recognised qualification for constructors;
- Applicants will be expected to be in employment and have full support for the study from their employer;
- The location of the applicant is not relevant but he or she must be available to attend review meetings and The Constructors’ Livery and Awards Dinner and presentation in London in February.
Format of application
Applicants are invited to submit a maximum of 1000 words to explain the nature of their suggested study and to demonstrate how the study would be used in the industry and also how it will help achieve significant personal development for the applicant.
This year’s competition is focusing on the topics which address the needs for improvement in construction productivity or efficiency. This could involve aspects in design, engineering, management or procurement.
For further information contact the BRE Trust Secretariat .
International Research for Young Constructors Award Application Form:
TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSIONS ARE REQUIRED:
- Completed Application Form (the application form may be downloaded in PDF format by clicking on the button below;
- CV – Please give details of education and career progression to date, describing your role and responsibilities. Include qualifications, awards, scholarships or merits;
- Summary of your proposed study – Please submit a maximum of 1000 words to explain the nature of the study you would like to undertake and to demonstrate how the study would be used in the industry and how the study would achieve significant personal development for you.
Where to send your entry
All submissions, in word or pdf format, along with this application form should be sent to the BRE Trust Secretariat.
What happens next?
The award recipient will be selected in November 2020 and the award presented at The Worshipful Company of Constructors’ Livery and Awards dinner in February 2021. You will then be required to present your final report.
The most recent winner of the award was Dr Richard Codinhoto, whose research addressed “BIM and Waste Management”. A video about his researches can be accessed here.