Created 21 years ago, by Past Master Richard Rooley, over 1000 post graduate scholars working in the construction industry have taken part. Many are now in senior positions of influence.
The Constructors Company continue to support TEAMBUILD by giving the winning team from the weekend finals a cash prize and Yeoman Membership of The Company.
For more information please visit the Teambuild website.
Overview of TEAMBUILD:
Multidisciplinary teams are challenged to compete in a simulation of the design and construction process for the development of a real site. TeamBuild attracts competitors from major companies representing all disciplines within our industry. It is not only a fantastic training event, but also an unparalleled opportunity to build networks between young staff and between different companies.
Teams that get through the initial pre-qualification process (a paper-based submission) are selected to attend the Finals Weekend in late November each year. The finals weekend starts with a masterplan proposal and runs right through the construction process, finishing with the construction stage of a major development. You will need to think, discuss, sketch, design, compromise, calculate, and then present your work at all stages.
Why should you enter a team for Teambuild?
- The “best CPD exercise there is”! Recognised by all building institutions as equal to four days CPD.
- Develop your insight into the running of large-scale development projects.
- Improve your presentation, leadership and communication skills.
- Gain a greater appreciation of the value of interdisciplinary working.
- Develop delegation skills, and the ability to trust colleagues.
- Improve your networks and build valuable connections that will stay with you for the rest of your career.
- Improve your overall confidence.
- Learn from the experience of eminent figures in the construction industry.